And I can see why. Our dinner was pretty darn delightful. It comprised:
- the lovely, lilting Lonsdale cocktail, made of gin, apple, lemon, basil and honey
- crisp-tender spears of grilled asparagus (yay, they're in season now) with a lightly tangy, lemony egg crumble
- generously portioned and well-seasoned, Tuscan-style chicken liver paté scooped on two crostini
- a dish of mussels pugliese (basically, a bed of mussels baked with grated pecorino and bread crumbs)
- a super crisp Neapolitan-style pizza topped with hot salami, coppa, zesty tomato sauce, pecorino and diavolicchio (peperoncinos, aka "little devil" chilies)
- a spicy and inexpensive red wine suggested by our server and whose name escapes me
Beretta most definitely makes my top 5 fave list.