Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Mijita Mighty Good

Had dinner with a few friends on Monday, and one of 'em asked me where she could take her brother from out of town for some good eats in the Ferry Building. Well, if you're in the mood for Mexican, I said, try Mijita's fish tacos. My other friend pooh-poohed my rec, but I stand behind it. Yes, it's a bit pricey for Mexican street food. But that Baja fish taco runs circles around Nick's rendition, prolly because Mijita's fish is super fresh—not a hint of stinky fishiness and just the right kind of flakey. After all, this is Traci Des Jardins we're talking about and she's all about local, seasonal, fresh ingredients.
And while you're at it, make sure to have an agua fresca, I told her. I had the pineapple, and it was DeeeRISHous. I'm a sucker for these fresh fruit waters ... watermelon, canteloupe, strawberry; you name it, I'll drink it. OK, I'm going down a rathole. Back to the subject at hand: my friend took her brother and they loved it.

That's 1 point for me, none for the pooper scooper friend.

No comments: