Saturday, March 10, 2007

Cockadoodle Doo

Last week I decided to try my hand at coq au vin off a recipe I'd been considering for some time from a past issue of Cook's Illustrated. Even though the mag had simplified this pretty labor-intensive production, I still felt frenzied and frazzled trying to chat with my hovering friends and work on putting together what I hoped would be a tasty dish.

Well, two hours and two-plus pounds of chicken later, I finally got to ladling the red wine-infused meat, mushrooms and onions on a bed of yukon gold mashies.

Success. The robust stew (bacon and butter included, yum) was met with raves all 'round. Of course, I had no appetite by the time we sat down to dinner, but no matter: My bowl was snatched up and emptied tout suite. What are friends for, right?

No comments: