Sunday, March 18, 2007

Yum Yum Fish

Look at what these little brown packets had inside 'em: tender, flakey Chilean sea bass sweetened with a pat of butter, sun-dried tomatoes, and sauteed fennel and leeks. Each fillet also got a generous squirt of lemon, white wine and olive oil. Served on a fluffy bed of rice and some gingery-garlicky stalks of asparagus, these fleshy fish entrees were beyond heavenly.

Of course, since it was the first time my friend had ever made this dish, she was less than satisfied. She'd hoped to taste more lemon and anise, she said.

Ah well, you're always your own worst critic. The lemon zest sprinkled over the asparagus more than made up for and complimented the sea bass. And frankly, I'm glad I couldn't taste any kind of licorice: Anise is just not my thing, although having had to use it in restaurant cooking, I don't hate it as much as I used to.

All in all, what a great meal. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery, and you better believe I'm adding this to my repertoire ... hmmm, already planning my next dinner party.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey if u comment me ill comment u. we could b friends. kuz i have few and u seem to have few. so comment me