Friday, November 2, 2007

RNM Revisited

When RNM first opened, I went. Then I went again, and again. And then I wrote about it for a local website, the food was so good. So, when a friend said he wanted to have his birthday dinner there, I said, Sure, why not? It's been four, maybe five years, since I've been, but it's probably still good, right? Why yes, yes it is. Lookee here:


Lightly grilled hearts of romaine with Warren pears, Saint Agur blue cheese, toasted hazelnuts and champagne vinaigrette. Pretty and pleasing to the belly.


Apple wood-smoked pulled pork piled on a corn cake with sweet 'n spicy BBQ sauce, crème fraiche, cilantro and avocado. Ah, Cal-fresh meets Southern hospitality.


Pan-seared day boat scallops, sweet corn flan, heirloom tomato gazpacho, roasted red pepper crème fraiche topped with fines herbes. Tender and springy. Me likey. Me also likey the saucey Fiscalini cheddar mac and cheese (there it is in the background).


Sautéed Alaskan halibut with fresh ricotta gnocchi, chanterelles, baby artichokes, Meyer lemon vinaigrette and arugula. I liked the veg maybe a tad more than the fish. Super rich, super scrumptious; I'm a sucker for truffle oil, and the drop or two added to this dish made me cry uncle from the first forkful.

No comments: